Saturday, October 1, 2011

What's cookin?



There's a list of movies that I can watch over and over and over and ...

It includes "The Godfather, Parts I and  II''; "The French Connection"; "The Empire Strikes Back"; "Shawshank Redemption''; "Dr Stranglove"; "Crimson Tide''; "Back to the Future."

Add "Bill Belichick: A Football Life.''

No. Not really. It wasn't that good. But I will watch it again I'm sure.

The two part NFL Network production gave real insight into Belichick and what he is really like as a football coach. It also glossed over a lot of things. Like the dumping of Seymour. But for a Pats fan it was mostly entertaining. What made it more interesting was that it was during a year the Pats didn't play all that well. We get to see the coach and his staff struggling to guide the young team from the dynasty years into a new era.

The whole two-hour program is worth watching, but the clip above includes one of my favorite scenes. The Pats clinched their seventh division title under Belichick with a dominant win over Jacksonville at Gillette a few days after Christmas. My brother and his son came up from North Carolina and joined my other brother and the rest of the tailgating group. It was a great tailgate and a fun game.

Skip to the 3:45 mark and you will see how Bill Belichick and his family celebrated the win and the holidays.

Same way me, my brothers, and my friends did... with a tailgate in the dark of the Gillette parking lot.



No comments: