Monday, April 9, 2012

Finally moving on

Easter Sunday found me, my brother, and nephews talking football (who really wants to talk Sox right now?). Who will the Pats draft with those two first-round picks? Will the Pats even use those two first-round picks? How bad will the Tebow-Sanchez mess in NY be? Can Brandon Lloyd play like '07 Randy? Who's more to blame for that infamous missed pass in the Super Bowl, Brady or Welker?

I have been in the "it was a horrible pass" camp from the start. Brady blew it. Welker almost made a great catch but couldn't pull it in. Brady missed a wide open Welker with the Super Bowl on the line. Still hard to believe.

My nephew and my brother put more of the blame on Welker. They are in the "if it hits you in both hands and you don't catch it ... it's a drop" camp. Seems like that is the much larger group. And that could be because Brady never came out and said "I screwed up." He has let Welker take all the blame.  I'm still waiting to see if Brady will ever take his share.

When it was announced that Brady agreed to have his contract restructured to be more cap friendly, leading many to believe that the money will go to a long-term deal for #83, Shep texted me "That's Brady's way of saying 'Sorry Tim'. Will you let it go now?"

OK, time to let it go. Time to move on.

Brady is still the man. With the offense the Pats have assembled, this coming season may be his best yet.






No comments: