Saturday, June 2, 2012

Man up



It's like the effin Zapruder film. You watch it only with morbid curiosity. Over and over again. No matter what angle I watch it from or how slow the films rolls... I still say the fault lies with Brady missing a wide open receiver.

But Brady still can't say it and take the heat off his little buddy. Maybe Giselle has threatened him to keep his mouth shut. Or maybe he really thinks it was a decent pass ... nah.

Brady looked sharp at the first round of OTAs this week. He's ready for another shot at the fourth Lombardi. I like his team's chances. How could you not? But I guess he's still not ready to man up. The well-groomed quarterback was asked about the heart-breaking Super Bowl loss and its effects. He could have said "It still stings. I wish I had made a better throw to Wes on that play. I hope I get another chance shot at it."

Instead the new comic star said, "At this point you try to move on."

Not "I'm the quarterback and I take responsibility for the loss. I will use the fact that we didn't win that game for Mr. Kraft to motivate me to win the next three." He hasn't taken any of the blame. Maybe it wasn't his fault. Maybe I've been wrong all this time. Maybe there was someone behind the grassy knoll that forced Brady to throw the ball high and on the wrong shoulder instead of into Welker's lap for a clinching score.

Maybe he ... nah.



No comments: