Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fall is in the air

The fake games are over. How do I know that? The 2012 NFL preview edition of Sports Illustrated landed at my door today.

From the time I was about 10 years old there were three magazines that came all around the same time that told me my favorite time of year was about to arrive.... the TV Guide fall preview edition, the Sears Christmas catalog, and the SI NFL preview.

I still get them all.

Summer is great. School vacation. The Cape. Gin and tonics. Baseball. 9 p.m. sunsets. Bocce ball in the yard. Gin and tonics.

But I have always looked forward to the end of summer. Probably because I have a September birthday. But also because it was the start of football season.

Gronk looks ready. So am I. Time to restock the tailgating supplies.



No comments: