Friday, March 9, 2012

Peyton's new place

There's a classic episode of the "Dick Van Dyke" show (stick with me here) in which Rob comes across a painting of his wife Laura (Mary Tyler Moore, who I wanted to be my wife when I was 10). The painting was made by an eccentric artist when she was in college.

She's naked.

Rob wants to get the painting "off the market" but the artist (the great Carl Reiner) says he has two better offers. One from a guy in their town who wants to display it as part of a local art exhibit. The other from some millionaire who owns a villa high on a mountain on some tropical island. Rob says "I think it would great at the top of that mountain."

That's where I would like to see Peyton Manning go ... far away and out of sight. Mazz was saying in his usual shrill tone that he wanted Manning with the Dolphins -- in the Pats' division -- so he could see more Brady vs. Manning clashes. I have seen enough of anyone named Manning. Or Manningham.

Miami would be a great spot for the future hall of famer. And he already lives down there. But I'd like to see him either in the mountains of Colorado, or even better, the desert of Arizona. And the NFC

Peyton Manning would look great as a Cardinal. Far, far away.



No comments: